Pilates targets the deep muscles of the abdominals and lower back. It strengthens the core which in turn improves posture, balance, athletic performance, and relieves back stress.
Pilates builds long lean muscles. This muscle building, combined with proper breathing burns calories and regenerates tissue. Pilates also helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
RESULTS FROM PILATES:
- Tones and builds long lean muscles without bulk
- Flattens abdominal wall, “cinches” waist
- Improves posture, balance, coordination, and body awareness
- Reduces stress, relieves tension, boosts energy through deep stretching
- Enhances mobility, agility, and stamina
- Develops strong core muscles which in turn leads to a more stable backand spine
- Corrects over-training of muscle-groups to avoid stress or injury
- Boosts self esteem
- Improves the way your body looks and feelsLearn to engage your core, strengthen your body, and work from the inside out to a beautiful strong lean body.
A little bit of history….
Pilates is known worldwide as a fantastic exercise program, toning the muscles without bulk, leaving them lengthened and strengthened.
Joseph Pilates (1883-1967) invented what he called “Contrology” many years ago. Joseph was from Germany, and was a sickly child who decided to dedicate his life to improve his physical strength. He spent time in a prison of war where he taught self defense and wrestling to the Germans, and was also asked to train members of the German army. He migrated to America in the late 20’s. Alongside his wife, Clara, he owned and operated a studio in midtown Manhattan, training much of the performing arts community. His regime (Contrology) built strength, stamina and flexibility and soon after dancers started frequenting his studio, society people followed.